Spirit of Place is the first studio album by Australian folk-rock band Goanna. It was originally released in November 1982, it peaked at No. 2 on the Australian Kent Music Report Albums Chart and appeared on the US Billboard 200. Spirit of Place was the first charting rock record to feature the didgeridoo. The didgeridoo is particularly prominent on "Solid Rock", which was a No. 3 hit on the Kent Music Report Singles Chart in October.
Spirit Of Place (Cass, Album, Dol). Spirit Of Place (CD, Album, RE, RM). Warner Music Group, Warner Strategic Marketing Australia.
Goanna - Spirit Of Place (1982). Songs in album Goanna - Spirit Of Place (1982).
Find a Goanna - Spirit Of Place first pressing or reissue. Complete your Goanna collection. Matrix, Runout (Label A-Side): ST-C-835171-AR. Matrix, Runout (Label B-Side): ST-C-835172-AR. Other Versions (5 of 15) View All. Cat.
By: Goanna (1982, Rock). More albums from Goanna: Oceania by Goanna. View all albums . About.
Spirit of Place Tracklist. 2. Solid Rock Lyrics. Spirit of Place Q&A. Ask us a question about this album. Top Spirit of Place scholars. Producers Trevor Lucas.
Spirit of Place is the first studio album by Australian folk-rock band Goanna. The album was also heavy on social protest themes; "Solid Rock" deals with issues of land rights for Indigenous Australians.
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Goanna - Spirit Of Place photo images watch: Release title: Goanna - Spirit Of Place. Style of release: Alternative Rock music Soft Rock music. Genre of release: Rock music. Released at: This album was released on the label ATCO Records (catalog number 7 90081-1). This album was released in 1982 year. US. Format of the release is. Vinyl, LP.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – I. Morrison*
|A5||Stand Yr' Ground||3:52|
|B2||On The Platform
Written-By – R. Bygrave*
|B3||Four Weeks Gone||5:42|
|B5||Children Of The Southern Land||4:54|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA Records Pty. Limited
- Marketed By – WEA Record & Tape Distributors Pty. Limited
- Published By – Uluru Music
- Recorded At – Rhinoceros Studios
- Recorded At – AAV
- Recorded At – Allan Eaton Studios
- Recorded At – Platinum Studios, Melbourne
- Mixed At – AAV
- Mixed At – Allan Eaton Studios
- Arranged By [Strings] – Peter Jones
- Bass – Peter Coughlan
- Didgeridoo – Billy Inda
- Drums – Robert Ross
- Electric Guitar – Warrick Harwood
- Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar – Graham Davidge
- Harmony Vocals – Ian Morrison , Judi Kenneally, Ross Wilson , The Nestles Canteen Gentlemen's Chorus
- Organ [Hammond] – Mick 'The Reverend' O'Connor*
- Producer – Trevor Lucas
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Tony Buettel
- Vocals, Electric Guitar – Shane Howard
- Vocals, Harmony Vocals – Marcia Howard
- Vocals, Harmony Vocals, Piano [Acoustic], Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer [CP70] – Roslyn Bygrave*
- Written-By – S. Howard* (tracks: A1 to B1, B3 to B5)
Allan Eaton Sound
& AAV Australia
AAV Australia & Allan Eaton Sound (March to June 1982)
Marketed by WEA Record & Tape Distributors Pty. Limited
|600127||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (LP, Album, Gat)||WEA||600127||Australia||1982|
|WIC 5055||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (LP, Album)||WEA||WIC 5055||South Africa||1982|
|600127-2, 600127.2||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (CD, Album, RP)||WEA, WEA||600127-2, 600127.2||Australia||1987|
|P-11364||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (LP, Album)||WEA||P-11364||Japan||1983|
|WEA 90 039, WEA K 90 039||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (LP, Album)||WEA, WEA||WEA 90 039, WEA K 90 039||Europe||1982|