Shine was a 1997 Mary Black album, where she abandons her usual sound and production. Then album was recorded in Los Angeles, California, United States, with a combination of local session musicians and members of her Irish band. On production was Larry Klein (who had worked with Peter Gabriel and Joni Mitchell), and he aided in selecting songs from a new crop of songwriters. Most notably, Mary Black sang five songs written by David Gray. Shine" (David Gray) (4:38).
Label The Grapevine Label.
Shine (2xCD, Album, Single, Promo). Curb Records, Gift Horse. The Grapevine Label, CNR Music International, Dara Records, Dara Records. TORCD 088. Mary Black.
202. Shine Tracklist. 3. Almost Gone Lyrics. Ask us a question about this album. Top Shine scholars. More Mary Black albums. Speaking With the Angel. Show all albums by Mary Black.
Features Song Lyrics for Mary Black's Shine album. Mary Black - Shine Album Lyrics. 1. By the Hour Lyrics. 2. Nobody Lives Without Love Lyrics. Mary Black Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Do you like this album?
Download mary black one and only and watch online to mary black song for ireland, songs, movies, clip, hd, mp4, 3gp, avi for mobile and p. You can download free Mary Black Shine Album videos latest songs/movies in High Definition FULL HD quality. Also Anyone can download Mary Black Shine Album videos, songs, movies newest and oldest mp3,hd mp4 videos and songs. We provides Mary Black Shine Album videos, songs and movies in formats like mp4, hd, webm, mkv, flv, avi, 3gp, wav, mp3. We have huge collection for free. Mary Black - One and Only.
Shine" by Mary Black on Curb Records. "The Songs of Jimmie Rodgers" by various artists on Egyptian/Columbia. Rodgers is often cited as the Father of Country Music, which would certainly be honor enough, but what is more impressive is how valid these songs still feel nearly 80 years later.
Mary Black abandons her usual sound and production on Shine, an album of songs recorded in Los Angeles with local session musicians. At the production helm is studio veteran Larry Klein (who has worked with Peter Gabriel and Joni Mitchell), and he aided in selecting songs from a new crop of songwriters. Most notably, Mary Black sings five songs by David Gray, a gifted songwriter who would later break into the mainstream with 1999's White Ladder.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass – Garvan GallagherDrums – Jerry MarottaFiddle, Whistle – Frank GallagherGuitar – Bill ShanleyOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Pat CrowleyWritten-By – David Gray
|2||One And Only
Accordion – Pat CrowleyAcoustic Guitar – Greg LeiszBacking Vocals – Mary*Bass – Larry KleinDrums – Jerry MarottaElectric Guitar – Michael LandauElectric Guitar [Electric High-Strung Guitar], Mandolin – Bill ShanleyFiddle, Whistle – Frank GallagherOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Jim CoxWritten-By – Anne Preven, Scott Cutler
Backing Vocals – Mary*Bass – Garvan GallagherDrums – Jerry MarottaElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin – Bill ShanleyLap Steel Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar – Greg LeiszOrgan [Hammond Organ], Piano – Pat CrowleyWritten-By – David Gray
|4||Nobody Lives Without Love
Backing Vocals – Mary*Bass, Guitar, Drums, Percussion, Keyboards – Larry KleinDrums – Jerry MarottaMandolin – Bill ShanleyPedal Steel Guitar – Greg LeiszWritten-By – Larry Klein, Tonio K.
Baritone Guitar – Greg LeiszBass – Garvan GallagherDrums – Jerry MarottaElectric Guitar, Mandolin – Bill ShanleyFiddle – Frank GallagherOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Jim CoxWritten-By – Richard Thompson
Bass – Larry KleinDrums – Jerry MarottaElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Bill ShanleyPedal Steel Guitar, Soloist, Guitar [Weisenborn Guitar Solo] – Greg LeiszPiano, Organ [Hammond Organ] – Pat CrowleyWritten-By – David Gray
|7||I Will Be There
Bass, Keyboards – Larry KleinDrums, Percussion – Jerry MarottaGuitar, Mandolin – Bill ShanleyOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Pat CrowleyVocals – Mary*, Paul BradyWritten-By – John O'Kane, Paul Brady
|8||What Does It Matter
Accordion – Pat CrowleyBass – Garvan GallagherDrums, Percussion – Jerry MarottaFiddle, Whistle – Frank GallagherGuitar – Bill ShanleyLap Steel Guitar – Greg LeiszWritten-By – David Gray
Backing Vocals – Amy Kanter, Mary*Bass – Garvan GallagherDrums, Percussion – Jerry MarottaFiddle, Whistle, Keyboards – Frank GallagherGuitar, Mandolin – Bill ShanleyOrgan [Hammond Organ], Accordion – Pat CrowleyPedal Steel Guitar – Greg LeiszWritten-By – Amy Kanter
|10||Late Night Radio
Bass – Garvan GallagherDrums – Jerry MarottaElectric Guitar – Michael LandauElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Bill ShanleyOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Pat CrowleyWritten-By – David Gray
|11a||By The Hour
Acoustic Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar – Greg LeiszBass – Larry KleinDrums – Jerry MarottaElectric Guitar – Michael LandauOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Jim CoxWritten-By – David Batteau, Larry Klein
|11b||Two Dancers In The Dark||3:38|
- Manufactured By – A To Z Music Services
- Distributed By – Grapevine Distribution
- Distributed By – Polygram
- Marketed By – CNR Music International
- Record Company – Arcade Music Company
- Marketed By – Discmedi
- Marketed By – Kommunikation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Dara Records
- Licensed To – The Grapevine Label Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Dara Records
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Recorded At – Windmill Lane Studios
- Mixed At – Capitol Studios
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Published By – Warner/Chappell
- Published By – Beeswing Music
- Published By – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Published By – WB Music Corp.
- Published By – Worstword Ho Music
- Pressed By – CDP UK Ltd.
- Booking [Agency: Ireland] – Dara Management, Joe O'Reilly
- Booking [Agency: UK & Europe] – Asgard*, Paul Charles
- Booking [Agency: USA] – Steve Martin , The Agency Group
- Coordinator [Production Co-ordinators] – Carrie McConkey, Damien McCollum
- Engineer – Billy Robinson , Don Smith, Tony Phillips
- Engineer [Assistant] – Conal Markey, Dann Thompson, Peter Doel*
- Management [Dublin] – Joe O'Reilly
- Management [London] – Paddy Prendergast, Steve Fernie
- Mixed By – Tony Phillips
- Photography By – Gwendolen Cates
- Producer – Larry Klein
- Sleeve, Design – Cosmon Multimedia
NotesTrack 11b is a hidden track not mentioned on the release.
"Dedicated to the memory of Dave Early a true friend and a gifted musician - 'Memories are treasures' ".
[on back inner tray:]
Manufactured by AtoZ Music Services
Distributed in the UK by Grapevine Distribution via Polygram
Marketed in G.A.S. Benelux, Norway and France by CNR Music Internatiional - A division of the Arcade Music Company. Spain : Discmedi.
Sweden, Finland, Denmark : Kommunikation.
℗ 1997 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Dara Records under exclusive licence to The Grapevine Label © 1997 Dara Records
℗ 1997 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Dara Records under exclusive licence to The Grapevine Label Ltd.
© 1997 Dara Records
Warner Chappell Music
one and only
Screen Gems - EMI / Warner Chappell Music
nobody lives without love
i will be there
Rondor Music London Ltd
what does it matter
W B Music Corp.
late night radio
by the hour
Worstword Ho Music
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, Ca., except tracks: 1, 7 & 9 recorded at Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin.
Paul Brady was recorded 'down the line' to Los Angeles from Sound Studio in Melbourne via an ISDN link.
Mixed at Capitol Studios
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5019148920151
- Barcode (Text): 5 019148 920151
- Label Code: LC 5896
- Distribution Code: ARC 334
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): CD PLANT UK LTD GRACD 015 FT04
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): ifpi 1L11
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): CD PLANT UK LTD 015 FT07
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 1L12
|GRALP015||Mary Black||Shine (LP, Album)||The Grapevine Label||GRALP015||UK||1997|
|D4-77888||Mary Black||Shine (Cass, Album)||Curb Records||D4-77888||US||1997|
|D2-77888||Mary Black||Shine (CD, Album)||Curb Records, Gift Horse||D2-77888||US||1997|
|TORCD 088||Mary Black||Shine (CD, Album)||Dara Records||TORCD 088||Ireland||1997|
|MECI-25074||Mary Black||Shine (CD, Album, Promo)||Meldac||MECI-25074||Japan||1997|