Back in '72 is the sixth studio album by American rock singer-songwriter Bob Seger, released in 1973. It was the first new album on Seger's label, Palladium Records, to be released under their distribution deal with the Reprise division of Warner Bros.
Complete your Bob Seger collection. If anyone has any info on this especially a good description of the cover appearance im interested. Just bought a copy and the cover is so clean im worried its a boot.
Design, Photography By – Thomas Weschler. Drums – Jamie Oldaker, Roger Hawkins. Electric Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Piano – Barry Beckett. Engineer – Jerry Masters, John LeMay. Engineer, Mixed By – Jim Bruzzese. Flute, Saxophone – Tom Cartmell . Lead Guitar – Bill Mueller (tracks: A4), . Midnight Rider, Bob Seger 2:24. HQ) Robert Clark ''Bob'' Seger - Turn the Page (1973) 5:10. Back in '72-Bob Seger 4:22. Bob Seger Rosalie 3:20. Bob Seger - Neon Sky 3:34. Bob Seger Turn The Page (Studio Version) 5:10. Bob Seger So I Wrote You A Song 2:45. Bob Seger I've Been Working 4:44.
Returning to independent status, Bob Seger recorded Back in '72, not only the finest of his early-'70s albums but one of the great lost hard rock albums of its era. Seger didn't limit himself to self-penned songs on this excursion; borrowing an idea from Smokin' . s, he covers quite a few tunes, providing a balance to his own tunes
Features Song Lyrics for Bob Seger's Back In '72 album. Bob Seger - Back In '72 Album Lyrics. 1. Back In 72 Lyrics. 2. Lookin' Back Lyrics.
Been in Northport, hung on a short short Livin' with a bottle of wine With music ladies and burned out babies I was tryin' to write a couple of lines. Sherriff Gribbs with his grim ad libs Spoutin' about the crime in the street And women were screamin' and some was dreamin' 'Bout the crimes between the sheets. You know that music died, hurt my pride But somehow I pulled through, back in '72 Somehow we made it to Baton Rouge We stayed inside for a week We weren't in town for no Mardi Gras So we decided to sleep Houston, yes, was a good.
More albums from Bob Seger: Beautiful Loser by Bob Seger. Brand New Morning by Bob Seger. Face The Promise by Bob Seger. 8. I’ve Been Working. More albums from Bob Seger: Beautiful Loser by Bob Seger. View all albums . About.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Late Night Spin (Midnight Rider)
Written-By – Gregg Allman
|A2||And I Sang You A Tune (So I Wrote You A Song)||2:55|
|A3||Steel Liar (Stealer)
Written-By – Fraser*, Rogers*
|A5||Start All Over (Turn The Page)||5:05|
|B1||Fourteen Years Ago (Back In '72)||4:17|
|B2||Las Vegas Night (Neon Sky)||3:31|
|B3||Take It Easy (I've Been Working)
Written-By – Van Morrison
|B4||No Hurry, Babe (I've Got Time)||5:57|
- Mixed At – Pampa Studios
- Recorded At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Paradise Studios, Grand Lake Of The Cherokees
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Luke Smith (tracks: A1), Marci Levy*, Sherrie Brown (tracks: A2)
- Bass – David Hood
- Bass [Pedal Bass], Keyboards [Clavinet], Organ, Piano – Dick Sims
- Congas – "Bonzo Eddie" Brown*
- Congas, Tambourine, Timbales – Sergio Pastora
- Design [Album] – Chris Wharf*
- Design [Album], Mixed By, Producer – Bob Seger, Punch*
- Design [Album], Photography By – Thomas Weschler
- Drums – Jamie Oldaker, Roger Hawkins
- Electric Piano, Electric Piano [R.m.i.], Organ, Piano – Barry Beckett
- Engineer – Jerry Masters, John LeMay
- Engineer, Mixed By – Jim Bruzzese
- Flute, Saxophone – Tom Cartmell*
- Lead Guitar – Bill Mueller (tracks: A4), J.J. Cale (tracks: A1)
- Lead Guitar, Slide Guitar – Pete Carr
- Maracas, Tambourine – Jack Ashford
- Rhythm Guitar – Jimmy Johnson
- Steel Guitar [Solo] – Philip Bliss (tracks: A2)
- Written-By – Bob Seger (tracks: A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B4)
NotesUnofficial release from 1986. Label uses the name "The Last Herd" for the artist and "Fourteen Years Ago" for the release title. All the song titles use alternate names (actual song names are in parentheses behind the fake titles) .
Back cover photograph is in black and white.
Sleeve is a wrap-around cover.
"All songs written by Robert Hennessy"
Side A label gives catalog number as LT-508C. Side B label gives catalog number as ST-508C. Runout suggests actual catalog number is LT-508C. No catalog number on sleeve.
Jim Bruzzese was the engineer at Pampa Studios, Warren, Michigan.
Jerry Masters was the Engineer at Muscle Shoals Sound Studios and John LeMay was the Engineer at Paradise Studios, Tijuana, Oklahoma.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): LT-508C-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): LT-508C-B
|MS-2126||Bob Seger||Back In '72 (LP, Album)||Palladium Records , Reprise Records||MS-2126||US||1973|
|VM-R-886||Bob Seger||Back In '72 (CD, Unofficial)||Virgin Mist||VM-R-886||Canada||2002|
|MS 2126, MS-2126||Bob Seger||Back In '72 (LP, Album, Promo)||Palladium Records , Reprise Records||MS 2126, MS-2126||US||1973|
|MS 44227, 44 227||Bob Seger||Back In '72 (LP, Album)||Suzy, Reprise Records, Palladium Records||MS 44227, 44 227||Yugoslavia||Unknown|
|MS-2126||Bob Seger||Back In '72 (LP, Album)||Palladium Records , Reprise Records||MS-2126||Canada||1973|