Complete your Yo-Yo collection. Make Way For The Motherlode. Make Way For The Motherlode (Cass, Album, Dol). EastWest Records America.
Make Way for the Motherlode is the debut studio album by American West Coast hip hop recording artist Yo-Yo. The album did very well on the Billboard charts, peaking at on the Billboard 200 and on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. Two singles were released, "You Can't Play with My Yo-Yo" and "What Can I Do?", both of which featured Ice Cube.
brother who fold So make way for the Motherlode. Here's a piece or a chunk of the funkiness You can't understand how a sister came up with this Style That's so wild It leaves you shiverin and danglin ]From the way that I be stranglin MC's and take their breath away literally Many step up but they can't get a bit of me MC's . You had to make way So sit down and take a Number You was asleep and so you slumber Silently You can't match me or tie with me There's a fungus among us So don't try to tongue this Phrase or speak it, try to freak it It's unique cause I've got the secret You're.
Make Way for the Motherlode Q&A. Featuring Dazzie Dee & Ice Cube. Producers Ice Cube & Sir Jinx. Writers Betty Wright, Charles Sherrell, Dazzie Dee & 5 more. Instrumentation Hami Wave.
Cube has memorable cameos on "What Can I Do?" and "You Can't Play With My Yo-Yo," but his presence wasn't enough to make Motherlode anything more than a moderate hit. Track Listing.
More albums from Yo-Yo: Total Control by Yo-Yo. You Better Ask Somebody by Yo-Yo. Black Pearl by Yo-Yo. View all albums .
Features Song Lyrics for Yo-Yo's Make Way For The Motherlode album. You Can't Play With My Yo-Yo - feat. 2. Make Way for the Motherlode Lyrics. 3. Tonight's the Night Lyrics.
Album · 1991 · 16 Songs. 10. 11. Tonight's the Night.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Stand Up For Your Rights
Vocals – Ricky Harris, Tamika Ingram, MC Threat*Written-By – Chilly Chill, Stevie Wonder
|2||Stompin' To Tha 90's
Instruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*Scratches [Cuts] – Chilly Chill
|3||You Can't Play With My Yo-Yo
Featuring – Ice CubeInstruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*Written-By – Charles Sherrell*, James Brown
|4||Cube Gets Played
Voice – Ricky Harris
|5||Put A Lid On It
Scratches [Cuts] – Chilly ChillWritten-By – James Brown
|6||What Can I Do?
Featuring – Ice CubeInstruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*, Jason White
Instruments [Live] – L.A. Jay Productions*Vocals – Mercedes MartinezVoice – Ricky HarrisVoice [Caller] – L.A. Jay*Written-By – "J-Swift"*, John "L.A. Jay" Barnes, III*
Scratches [Cuts] – Chilly ChillWritten-By – Alvertis Isbell, Bob Crewe, Kenny Nolan
|9||The I.B.W.C. National Anthem
Featuring – Dawn , Diamond , SparklesInstruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*
|10||Make Way For The Motherlode
Instruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*Written-By – Bernie Worrell, Bootsy Collins, George Clinton
|11||Tonight's The Night
Featuring, Written-By – Dazzie DeeInstruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*Written-By – Betty Wright, Willie Clark*, Willie Hutchinson*
|12||I Got Played
Instruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*
|13||Girl, Don't Be No Fool
Instruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*Voice – BoobyWritten-By – The JB's*
|14||Ain't Nobody Better
Instruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*Scratches [Cuts] – Chilly ChillWritten-By – Hawk Wolinsky*, George Clinton, Philippe Wynn*
Instruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*Voice – Ricky Harris
|16||More Of What I Can Do
Instruments [Live] – Hammi Wave*, Jason WhiteVoice – Sir Jinx
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Made By – WEA Manufacturing Inc.
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Published By – Street Knowledge Music
- Published By – Gangsta Boogie Music
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Black Bull Music
- Published By – Dynatone Music
- Published By – Longitude Music
- Published By – John Barnes III Music
- Published By – J-Swift
- Published By – Stone Diamond Music Corp.
- Published By – TannyBoy Music
- Published By – Kenny Nolan Publishing
- Published By – Irving Music, Inc.
- Published By – Bridgeport Music, Inc.
- Published By – Rightsong Music
- Published By – Malbiz Music
- Published By – Rubberband Music, Inc.
- Published By – Island Music, Inc.
- Published By – Jonathan 3 Music
- Published By – Martin Bandier Music
- Published By – Charles Koppelman Music
- Art Direction – Bob Defrin
- Design – Elizabeth Barrett
- Photography By – Bob Sebree*
- Producer – Ice Cube, Sir Jinx
- Written-By – Clarence Reid (tracks: 6, 15, 16), Del* (tracks: 2, 6, 10, 14 to 16), Ice Cube (tracks: 3, 5, 6, 10, 13, 15, 16), Sir Jinx (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 12, 13), Yo-Yo (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 9, 12)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 7567-91605-2 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 075679160522
- Matrix / Runout: 3 91605-2 RE-1 SRC+01 M2SS11
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 3 91605-2 RE-2 SRC-04 M1S2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 3 91605-2 RE-2 SRC-03 M4S3
|91605-2, 7 91605-2||Yo-Yo||Make Way For The Motherlode (CD, Album)||EastWest Records America, EastWest Records America||91605-2, 7 91605-2||US||1991|
|91605-4||Yo-Yo||Make Way For The Motherlode (Cass, Album, Promo)||EastWest Records America||91605-4||US||1991|
|7567-91605-1||Yo-Yo||Make Way For The Motherlode (LP, Album)||EastWest Records America||7567-91605-1||Europe||1991|
|1-91605, 91605-4||Yo-Yo||Make Way For The Motherlode (LP)||Atlantic, Atlantic||1-91605, 91605-4||US||1991|
|A2 91605||Yo-Yo||Make Way For The Motherlode (CD, Album, Club)||EastWest Records America||A2 91605||US||1991|