2112 (pronounced "twenty-one twelve") is the fourth studio album by Canadian rock band Rush, released on April 1, 1976 by Anthem Records. After finishing touring for its previous album, Caress of Steel, in early 1976, the band was in financial hardship due to the album's disappointing sales, unfavorable critical reception, and a decline in attendance at its shows.
2112 (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP, UML). Mercury, Anthem (5). 534 626-2. the recording is correct - but there is an error in the labeling. If so, how would you list that type of copy in this inventory?
From the 1976 Album 2112). Words by Neil Peart Music by Lee/Lifeson Transcribed by Michael Robinson. The priests praise my name on this night. Rush - 2112 IV Presentation (10:16 - 13:55). Freely A D e:-5-5~--5-5- B:-5-5~--5-5--7-7~-8-7-7-7. 8---7~-7-- G:-6-6~-6-6~--6-6--7-7~-7-7-7-7. 7---7~-7-- D:-7~-7-7~-7-7~--7-7--7-7~-7-7-7-7. 7-7-7~-7-- A:-7~-7-7~-7
Released April 1, 1976. Following the poor reception of their 1975 album Caress of Steel, Rush was being pressured by the record company to produce more radio-friendly songs. However, the band decided to ignore them, and went on to create another 20-minute epic – a decision that would ultimately spark the flame of Rush’s success. The most notable song off this album is the title track – coming in at an impressively long 20:33, this song launched Rush to stardom.
2112 was remastered for vinyl in 2015 by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios as a part of the official "12 Months of Rush" promotion.
Слушайте Rush (Can) - 2112 и скачивайте бесплатно в формате mp3 прямо сейчас, без кодов, смс и регистрации. 2112 - Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx/Grand Finale (live 2012) - Rush. 01 '2112' - Rush 1976 '2112'. 2112 Overture, The Temples Of Syrinx - Rush. The Temples Of Syrinx - Rush. 2112 (Full Album) by: Overdose de Rock - Rush. 05 Tears - Rush 1976 '2112'. 06 Something For Nothing - Rush 1976 '2112'. 2112 - VII. Grand finale - Rush.
2112 (album) - 2112 est le quatrième album du groupe de rock progressif Rush réalisé en février 1976. Cet album a été enregistré au Toronto Sound Studios.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1.2||The Temples Of Syrinx||2:12|
|1.5||Oracle: The Dream||2:00|
|2||A Passage To Bangkok||3:34|
|3||The Twilight Zone||3:17|
Keyboards – Hugh Syme
|6||Something For Nothing||3:58|
- Record Company – PolyGram
- Marketed By – Mercury Records
- Manufactured By – Mercury Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mercury Records
- Copyright (c) – Mercury Records
- Copyright (c) – Anthem Entertainment
- Recorded At – Toronto Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Toronto Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Made By – Universal M & L, Germany
- Arranged By – Rush, Terry Brown
- Bass, Vocals – Geddy Lee
- Crew [Road] – Major Ian Grandy*, L.B.L.B.*, Skip (Detroit Slider) Gildersleeve*
- Crew [Roadmaster] – Howard (Herns) Ungerleider*
- Executive-Producer – Moon Records
- Graphics – Hugh Syme
- Guitar – Alex Lifeson
- Lyrics By – Alex Lifeson (tracks: 4), Geddy Lee (tracks: 5), Neil Peart (tracks: 1.1 to 3, 6)
- Management – Ray Danniels
- Management [Agency] – SRO Management, Inc.
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig, Brian Lee
- Percussion – Neil Peart
- Photography By – Yosh Inouye
- Photography By [Band] – Gérard Gentil
- Producer – Rush
- Producer, Engineer – Terry Brown
NotesThis is an early UML pressing similar to 2112 and 2112 but not identical.
Recorded and mixed at Toronto Sound Studios, Toronto, Ontario.
Mastered at Gateway Mastering Studios, Portland, Maine.
All lyrics © 1976 Core Music Publishing (SOCAN)
All music published by Core Music Publishing (SOCAN)
Lyrics with acknowledgement to the genius of Ayn Rand.
℗ 1976 Mercury Records © 1976 Mercury Records, a PolyGram company. © 1976 Anthem Entertainment.
Comes in a jewel case with clear tray and a 6-page fold-out inlay including lyrics.
UML = Universal M & L pressing (from matrix information).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31453 46262 5
- Label Code: LC 0268
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Price Code: PY 899
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 534 626-2 02 + MADE IN GERMANY BY UNIVERSAL M & L K
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L002
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): [?]
|SRM-1-1079||Rush||2112 (LP, Album, Gat)||Mercury||SRM-1-1079||Canada||1976|
|534 626-2||Rush||2112 (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP, UML)||Mercury, Anthem||534 626-2||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|ANC-1-1004||Rush||2112 (CD, Album)||Anthem Records||ANC-1-1004||Canada||Unknown|
|ANR-1-1004||Rush||2112 (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Anthem||ANR-1-1004||Canada||1978|
|ANC-1-1004||Rush||2112 (CD, Album, Club)||Anthem||ANC-1-1004||Canada||Unknown|