Breezin' is a studio album by jazz/soul guitarist George Benson. It is his debut on Warner Bros. The album marked the beginning of Benson's most successful period commercially. Breezin' topped the Pop, Jazz and R&B album charts in Billboard and spun off two hit singles, the title song (which has become a smooth jazz standard) and "This Masquerade," which was a top ten pop and R&B hit. The album itself was certified triple Platinum by the RIAA.
Some people like to dog this record because it is smooth jazz but don't pay any mind to that. This album is very easy to find and always very inexpensive; for tunes of this quality it is an excellent value. You must have this if you appreciate the 70s jazz funk sound. Reply Notify me 3 Helpful.
Breezin' (LP, Album, RP, Los). Not surprisingly, it's the only Benson composition on the album. Reply Notify me 2 Helpful. Marketplace 0 195 For Sale from €. 5.
Most of Breezin' is a softer-focused variation of Benson's R&B/jazz-flavored CTI work, his guitar as assured and fluid as ever with Claus Ogerman providing the suave orchestral backdrops and his crack then-working band (including Ronnie Foster on keyboards and sparkplug Phil Upchurch on rhythm guitar) pumping up the funk element. Yet it is the sole vocal track (his first in many years), Leon Russell's "This Masquerade" - where George unveiled his new trademark, scatting along with a single-string guitar solo - that reached number ten on the pop singles chart and.
George Benson - Breezin' (1976). Breezin' (1976) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Breezin' (1976).
George Benson 1976 Breezin' Full Album. GEORGE BENSON - Breezin' (1976) 01. Breezin'. NEW Breezin' George Benson ٠ 1976 ٠ Breezin' ٠ Bobby Womack ٠ Instrumental ٠ AGP. (play).
George benson-breezin' 1976 warner bros. Records lp bs 2919 in a strong vg condition. Mostly clean vinyl! The mid-70's were very, very good to George Benson winning Grammys and headlining festivals. GEORGE BENSON LP Breezin 1976 Warner Brothers jazz. GEORGE BENSON LP Breezin 1976 Warner Brothers(Usa bs 2919) Vinyl VG Cover VG. Breezin' George Benson LP/ Record Jazz Guitar. Up for sale is George Benson's 1976 album Breezin' in vinyl LP format. This would make a great addition to any jazz/R&B fan or avid vinyl collector's library of records. Thanks for your interest!
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass – Phil UpchurchWritten-By – Bobby Womack
Piano [Acoustic], Soloist – Jorge DaltoWritten-By – Leon Russell
|A3||Six To Four
Bass – Phil UpchurchSynthesizer [Mini-moog], Soloist – Ronnie FosterWritten-By – Phil Upchurch
Electric Piano, Soloist – Jorge DaltoWritten-By – José Feliciano
|B2||So This Is Love?
Electric Piano, Soloist – Ronnie FosterWritten-By – George Benson
Written-By – Ronnie Foster
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records
- Distributed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Printed By – Gothic Print Finishers Ltd.
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Published By – United Artists Music
- Published By – ATV Music
- Published By – Panache Music
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Sherlock Holmes Music
- Art Direction – Ed Thrasher
- Bass – Stanley Banks
- Clavinet, Piano [Acoustic] – Jorge Dalto
- Co-producer – Noel Newbolt
- Conductor – Claus Ogerman
- Design – Peter Palombi
- Drums – Harvey Mason
- Electric Piano, Synthesizer [Mini-Moog] – Ronnie Foster
- Engineer [Assistant] – Don Henderson
- Executive-Producer [Producer Assistant] – Noel Newbolt
- Lacquer Cut By – Allen*
- Lead Guitar, Vocals – George Benson
- Mastered By – Doug Sax
- Mixed By – Al Schmitt
- Orchestrated By, Conductor – Claus Ogerman
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald
- Photography By – Mario Casilli
- Producer – Tommy Lipuma
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Al Schmitt
- Rhythm Guitar – Phil Upchurch
- Sleeve Notes – Al Young
NotesA Warner Bros. Recording distributed by WEA Records Ltd., Ⓟ & Ⓒ 1976. A Warner Communications Company. Made in UK (labels).
Recorded & Mixed at Capital Records, Hollywood, on January 6, 7 & 8, 1976. Mastered at The Mastering Lab, Hollywood.
> United Artists Music - track A1
> ATV Music - track A2
> Cop. Con. - track A3
> Panache Music - track B1
> MCPS (H. Fox) - track B2, B3
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - label): K 56199 A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - label): K 56199 B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - runout): K 56199-A1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - runout): K 56199-B2
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - runout - etched by hand): ALLEN
|BS 2919||George Benson||Breezin' (LP, Album, RP, Los)||Warner Bros. Records||BS 2919||US||1976|
|45 6199||George Benson||Breezin' (Cass, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||45 6199||Spain||1985|
|CD 3111||George Benson||Breezin' (CD, Album, RE)||Warner Music Canada||CD 3111||Canada||1991|
|20P2-2061||George Benson||Breezin' (CD, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||20P2-2061||Japan||1988|
|3111-2 (256 199), 3111-2||George Benson||Breezin' (CD, Album, RE, Tar)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||3111-2 (256 199), 3111-2||Germany||1984|