Stone Blue is the seventh studio album by English blues rock band Foghat, released in May 1978 on Bearsville Records. Stone Blue" paired Foghat with producer Eddie Kramer, who had previously engineered recordings for Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. Kramer and Foghat did not collaborate smoothly, but the tension in the studio may have helped to give the album an added edge.
Sadly, the resulting album, Stone Blue, is only intermittently successful because it never finds the right balance to make this compromise work. A good example is the title track: It has all the energy of a classic Foghat track and adds in some nice vocal harmonies, but it lacks the thick, bass-heavy bottom end and the bluesy edge that fuelled the band's best songs. This sonic schizophrenia goes even further on faceless songs like "High on Love" and "Easy Money," which sound like they could have been cut by any 1970s AOR band.
843. Stone Blue Tracklist. 1. Stone Blue Lyrics. 2. Sweet Home Chicago Lyrics. Ask us a question about this album. Top Stone Blue scholars. Show all albums by Foghat.
About Stone Blue album. Album Stone Blue (1978). Eddie Kramer, Foghat.
2. Sweet Home Chicago. 3. Easy Money More albums from Foghat: Girls To Chat & Boys To Bounce by Foghat. Road Cases by Foghat. The World Of Rock And Roll by Foghat.
Album Name Stone Blue. Released date May 1978. Labels Bearsville Records. Music StyleHard Rock. Members owning this album12. 5. It Hurts Me Too. 6. High on Love.
Download for free and listen to Foghat - Stone Blue. We have song's lyrics, which you can find out below.
|2||Sweet Home Chicago||3:56|
|5||It Hurts Me Too||5:28|
|6||High On Love||5:17|
|8||Stay With Me||4:22|
- Copyright (c) – Bearsville Records, Inc.
- Licensed From – Bearsville Records, Inc.
- Distributed By – Rhino Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – Rhino Records Inc.
- Marketed By – Rhino Records Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 081227088125
|BRK-6977||Foghat||Stone Blue (LP, Album)||Bearsville||BRK-6977||US||1978|
|BRK-6977||Foghat||Stone Blue (LP, Album, TP, Los)||Bearsville||BRK-6977||US||1978|
|P-10520W||Foghat||Stone Blue (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records Inc.||P-10520W||Japan||1978|
|200 761||Foghat||Stone Blue (LP, Album, RE)||Bearsville||200 761||Germany||1979|
|RNLP 70881||Foghat||Stone Blue (LP, Album, RE)||Bearsville, Rhino Records||RNLP 70881||US||1990|