Piano – Marc-André Hamelin. Producer – Andrew Keener.
Songs start at AED . 9. Mozart: Piano Sonatas Marc-André Hamelin.
Mozart: Piano Sonatas. Even though Marc-André Hamelin is world-renowned for his astonishing virtuosity and a massive repertoire of the most demanding piano works, including those of Scriabin, Godowsky, and Sorabji, he has startled many with his sudden turn toward the placid domain of Classical music. First came his critically acclaimed recordings of Franz Joseph Haydn 's keyboard sonatas, which were surprise best-sellers for Hyperion, and here he offers a double-CD of the piano sonatas of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, with a handful of short pieces to round out the discs
Eight of Mozart’s divinely inspired Piano Sonatas here receive performances of mercurial inspiration from consummate-musician cum virtuoso-wizard Marc-André Hamelin. His four Haydn albums have enthralled-this new Mozart will not disappoint. Two Rondos, a Fantasia, and a decidedly quirky Gigue complete a delight of a double album. CD1 Piano Sonata in D major.
Even though Marc-André Hamelin is world-renowned for his astonishing virtuosity and a massive repertoire of the most demanding piano works, including those of Scriabin, Godowsky, and Sorabji, he has startled many with his sudden turn toward the placid domain of Classical music. First came his critically acclaimed recordings of Franz Joseph Haydn's keyboard sonatas, which were surprise best-sellers for Hyperion, and here he offers a double-CD of the piano sonatas of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, with a handful of short pieces to round out the discs. EAC extraction logfile from 1. December 2015, 23:11. Marc-André Hamelin, Mozart - Piano Sonatas - CD1. Used drive : HL-DT-STDVDRAM GU70N Adapter: 1 ID: 0.
Marc-Andre Hamelin Barber - Piano Sonata, op 26 - 3. Adagio mesto. Marc-Andre Hamelin Piano Sonata No 6 Op 62 - Allegro ma non troppo. Sophie Rolland (cello), Marc-Andre Hamelin (piano) Thuille - Sonata for Cello & Piano, O. 2 - 3. Finale, Allegro ma non troppo. Скрябин (Marc-Andre Hamelin) Piano Sonata N., o. 4 - Allegro.
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way). Only 5 left in stock (more on the way). Marc-Andre Hamelin is without question one of our finest pianists. This recording of Hamelin performing eight Mozart piano sonatas along with a pair of rondos and two other works is more evidence of his versatility as a musician. Hamelin made his reputation playing the Romantic era repertoire: Chopin, Liszt, Godowsky and Schumann are just some of the composers whose works he has so brilliantly recorded.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Composer. Marc-André Hamelin (pf). Sonata for Piano No. 16. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Composer. 4. Author: Stephen Plaistow. MOZART Piano Sonatas (Marc-André Hamelin). Mozart’s piano sonatas are still underrated, I dare say, apart from a handful.
Performer: Marc-André Hamelin (piano). He has recorded some 50 albums for Hyperion’, proclaims the booklet of Marc-André’s Hamelin’s latest Hyperion issue.
|Piano Sonata In D Major K576||(13:48)|
|Piano Sonata In G Major K283||(16:40)|
|Piano Sonata In F Major K332||(18:39)|
|Piano Sonata In B Flat Major K570||(18:29)|
|1-13||Rondo In D Major K485||5:56|
|1-14||Gigue In G Major K574||1:25|
|Piano Sonata In C Major K330||(19:28)|
|Piano Sonata In B Flat Major K333||(20:11)|
|Piano Sonata In C Major K545||(8:33)|
|Piano Sonata In E Flat Major K282||(13:12)|
|2-11||Menuetto I & II||4:33|
|2-13||Rondo In A Minor K511||11:11|
|2-14||Fantasia In D Minor K397||6:58|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hyperion Records Limited
- Copyright (c) – Hyperion Records Limited
- Copyright (c) – Richard Wigmore
- Copyright (c) – Sim Canetty-Clarke
- Recorded At – Henry Wood Hall, London
- Manufactured By – MPO
- Booklet Editor – Tim Parry
- Composed By – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Engineer [Recording] – Simon Eadon
- Executive-Producer – Michael Spring, Simon Perry
- Illustration [Front] – Dora Stock*
- Liner Notes – Richard Wigmore
- Liner Notes [traduction] – Hyperion
- Liner Notes [Übersetzung] – Christiane Frobenius
- Photography By [Front] – Gilles Mermet
- Photography By [Marc-André Hamelin] – Sim Canetty-Clarke
- Piano [Steinway & Sons] – Marc-André Hamelin
- Producer [Recording] – Andrew Keener
NotesComes in a standard jewel case with transparent 2-disc tray and 20-page booklet
Recorded in Henry Wood Hall, London, on 5–6 & 8–9 July 2013
Liner notes in English, French and German
Front illustration: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Copperplate engraving after silverpoint drawing by Dora Stock (1760–1832)
℗ & © Hyperion Records Ltd, London, MMXV
Disc 1 [74'58]
Disc 2 [79'35]
Made in France
Hyperion Records Limited ∙ London ∙ England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 34571 28029 5
- Barcode (String): 034571280295
- Label Code: LC 7533
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): CA CDA68029CD1 @
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 1): IFPI L039
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): CA CDA68029CD2 @@
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 2): IFPI LY88
- Mould SID Code (Both discs): IFPI 1286
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Rights Society: mcps
- Other (Disc 1, following the Mastering SID): 12/23/14 10:12:26 PM
- Other (Disc 2, following the Mastering SID): 12/24/14 1:08:56 AM 0001056695