De-Loused in the Comatorium is the debut studio album by The Mars Volta, and it remains their most successful album to date, both commercially and critically. It was released in 2003 to widespread critical acclaim, with Rhythm magazine voting it the 9th best drumming record, and the track Drunkship of Lanterns named by Rolling Stone as the 91st best guitar song in history. De-Loused is a concept album based on a short story written by members of the band.
De-Loused in the Comatorium is the debut studio album by American progressive rock band the Mars Volta, released on June 24, 2003, on Gold Standard Laboratories and Universal Records. Based on a short story written by lead singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala and sound manipulation artist Jeremy Michael Ward, the concept album is an hour-long tale of Cerpin Taxt, a man who enters a week-long coma after overdosing on a mixture of morphine and rat poison.
Complete your The Mars Volta collection. The Mars Volta's first full length album. Inertiatic ESP. 4:24. Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of).
SOLO, w/ Piano playing in the background. How to play De-Loused In The Comatorium.
De-Loused in the Comatorium will undoubtedly rekindle prog, or at least spur a reassessment of the genre. Somewhere, kids will proclaim The Mars Volta to sound like Fugazi's End Hits mixed with The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (which it sort of does)- the Comatorium title "Eriatarka" even sounds like Spanish for "Aquatarkus"- but few will confess to actually liking Genesis or ELP. Though The Mars Volta may be prog in the traditional sense, they're in no way "progressive," just as The Hives do not record their music in a "garage. If any, the album constantly recalled during Comatorium listens is Mansun's 1998 sprawl, Six. The seagull-screaming guitar solos on "Roulette Dares" mimic Dominic Chad's playing on tracks like "Negative" and "Shotgun". The magic-trick studio transitions sound eerily similar on both records.
De-Loused in the Comatorium is the first studio album by the progressive rock band The Mars Volta. Based on a short story by lead singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala, and sound manipulation artist Jeremy Michael Ward, it is the hour-long tale of Cerpin Taxt, a man who tries to kill himself by overdosing on a mixture of morphine and rat poison. The attempt lands him in a week-long coma during which he experiences visions of humanity and his own psyche.
De-Loused In The Comatorium is a music studio album recording by THE MARS VOLTA (Heavy Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 2003 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. and as the turn of the millenium occured music continued to progress alongside time but no new studio album has been this memorable since the dawn of our new millenium.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Son Et Lumiere||1:35|
|A3||Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)||7:31|
|B1||Tira Me A Las Arañas||1:28|
|B2||Drunkship Of Lanterns||7:06|
Effects [A100 Treatment], Guitar [Additional] – John Frusciante
|C2||This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed||4:58|
Double Bass – Justin Meldel Johnson*
|D2||Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt||8:42|
- Recorded At – The Mansion
- Mixed At – Cello Studios
- Mastered At – Sony Mastering Studios
- Artwork [Graphics] – PC*
- Co-producer – Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
- Coordinator – Lindsay Chase
- Cover [Cover Design], Art Direction – ST*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Darren Mora, Phillip Broussard
- Illustration – DA*
- Mastered By – Vlado Meller
- Mastered By [Assistant] – Steve Kadison
- Mastered By [For Vinyl] – Pete Lyman
- Mixed By – Rich Costey
- Music By – Bixler Zavala* (tracks: B2, C2), Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (tracks: A1 to B1, B2, C1, D1, D2), Rodriguez-Lopez* (tracks: B2, C2)
- Percussion [Additional] – Lenny Castro
- Performer – Cedric Bixler Zavala*, Flea, Ikey Isaiah Owens*, Jeremy Michael Ward, Jon Theodore, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
- Photography By – RT*
- Producer – Rick Rubin
- Recorded By – Dave Schiffman*
- Recorded By [Additional] – Andrew Scheps
- Words By – Cedric Bixler Zavala*
- Words By [Italicised] – Jeremy Michael Ward
Notes180 gram audiophile vinyl.
Includes 60x60 cm poster.
Individually numbered on back cover.
Limited pressing of:
3,500 on Gold (THIS ONE)
1,500 on Silver
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0600753510643
- Matrix / Runout (A Side): 99127 1A
- Matrix / Runout (A Side): MOVLP 1115
- Matrix / Runout (B Side): 99127 1B
- Matrix / Runout (B Side): MOVLP 1115
- Matrix / Runout (C Side): 99127 1C
- Matrix / Runout (C Side): MOVLP 1115
- Matrix / Runout (D Side): 99127 1D
- Matrix / Runout (D Side): MOVLP 1115
|B0000593-02||The Mars Volta||De-Loused In The Comatorium (CD, Album)||Universal Records, Gold Standard Laboratories, Strummer Recordings||B0000593-02||US||2003|
|MOVLP1115||The Mars Volta||De-Loused In The Comatorium (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, RE, Sil)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP1115||Netherlands||2014|
|260 008-1||The Mars Volta||De-Loused In The Comatorium (Cass, Album)||Universal||260 008-1||Russia||2003|
|MV 2156-Z||The Mars Volta||De-Loused In The Comatorium (Cass, Album)||Plus One Records Malaysia||MV 2156-Z||Malaysia||2003|
|MOVLP1115||The Mars Volta||De-Loused In The Comatorium (2xLP, Album, RE, 180)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP1115||Europe||2014|