referencing Watts In A Tank, LP, Album, WATTS 1. Somewhat similar to Styx band, good melodic classic rock, worth the listen. Reply Notify me Helpful. That said, Sausalito Summernight is a really great summertime song. Album is worth a dollar just for that song alone.
Diesel (5) – Watts In A Tank. Label: RCA Victor – RY 9603. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. Manufactured and distributed in Canada. This album was generally recorded and mixed at . Under special license from Regency Records Inc. Other Versions (5 of 16) View All.
Watts in a Tank is the first album released by the Dutch musical group Diesel. It was first released in the Netherlands in 1980 by Polydor, and was released in the United States by Regency in 1981. The album was reissued on compact disc by One Way in 2002
The great thing about Watts in a Tank - originally released on Atlantic subsidiary Regency - is that One Way finally reissued it on CD in 2002; therefore, one can enjoy the full five-minute version of "Sausalito Summernight" with extra verses and an extended guitar solo.
This album has an average beat per minute of 118 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 82/188 BPM). See the BPM profile of this album. Tracklist - Watts in a Tank.
WATTS IN A TANK is a great lost classic album by the Dutch band Diesel, and I've recently downloaded it onto my computer. Among the groups who influenced this sadly underrated band include the Steve Miller Band, the Allman Brothers Band, the Doobie Brothers, the Outlaws, Foreigner, and Foghat. The big hit here, "Sausalito Summernight", combines a dance rhythm, lyrics evoking a road trip from .
|A2||Goin' Back To China||3:04|
|A4||My Kind Of Woman||3:22|
|A5||All Because Of You||3:46|
|B1||Down In The Silvermine||3:00|
|B2||Good Mornin', Day||3:48|
|B3||Ready For Love||2:31|
|B5||Remember The Romans||2:50|
- Distributed By – ATCO Records
- Distributed By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Recorded At – Dutch Music Centre
- Recorded At – Soundpush Studios
- Mixed At – Dutch Music Centre
- Mixed At – Soundpush Studios
- Mastered At – Sheffield Lab Matrix – △901
- Mastered At – MCA Whitney Recording Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Published By – Peer-Southern
- Art Direction – Diana Bonnet
- Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals – Frank Papendrecht
- Cover [Concept] – Diesel
- Drums, Keyboards, Backing Vocals – Pim Koopman
- Engineer – Jan Schuurman (tracks: A1, B2, B4), John Sonneveld
- Engineer [Assistant] – Okkie Huysdens
- Guitar, Lead Vocals – Mark Boon, Rob Vunderink
- Management – Orange Artist Promotion
- Mastered By – SH*
- Photography By – Fernando van Teylingen
- Producer – Pim Koopman
- Programmed By [Moog Synthesizers] – Johan Timman
- Written-By – Boon* (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2, B4, B5), P. Koopman* (tracks: A2, A4, B2, B3,B6), Vunderink* (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2, B4, B5)
NotesSpecialty Records Corporation perssing sourced from metal parts that were originally made for use at Allied Record Company based on the etchings.
This album was generally recorded and mixed at D.M.C. - Baarn, Holland.
"Sausalito Summernight", "The Harness" and "Good Mornin', Day" were finished and mixed at Soundpush Studios, Blaricum, Holland.
Distributed by ATCO appears on rear sleeve and by Atlantic Recording Corporation on label.
℗ © 1981 Atlantic Recording Corporation
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side One): ST-RY-814785-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side Two): ST-RY-814786-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Etched SLM a Stamped): ST-RY-814785-A + SLM + MCASH △901 a[Allied logo] B-164105-A SP 0-1 SM2-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Etched a SLM Stamped): a[Allied logo] B-16106-A ST-RY-814786-A + SP SLM + 0-1 △901-X
- Rights Society: BMI
|2925 092||Diesel||Watts In A Tank (LP, Album)||Polydor||2925 092||Netherlands||1979|
|2480 542||Diesel||Watts In A Tank (LP, Album)||Polydor||2480 542||France||1981|
|RY 9603||Diesel||Watts In A Tank (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||RY 9603||Canada||1981|
|IMA-6006||Diesel||Watts In A Tank (LP, Album)||Polydor||IMA-6006||Argentina||1981|
|35191||Diesel||Watts In A Tank (CD, Album, RM)||One Way Records||35191||US||2002|