Building each track as a narrative around a name, this album sees the band engaging in poetic storytelling, from the delicate Jo to the quiet exploration of gender identity on Annabel. This is a wonderful album. Finally: something on par with Felt Mountain. The middle albums were good, but not consistently great for me.
Tales of Us. Goldfrapp. Released September 6, 2013. Lil Pump, Jeezy, Childish Gambino & How Ad-Libs Took Over Hip-Hop. How To Play Shawn Mendes' "Lost In Japan" With Jacob Collier. Ariana Grande’s the light is coming Explained. lovelytheband Breaks Down "broken". Tales of Us Tracklist.
Listen free to Goldfrapp – Tales of Us (Jo, Annabel and more). Tales Of Us (released Sept 2013), is Goldfrapp's sixth studio album. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
While Tales of Us is Goldfrapp's most consistent album in terms of mood and sound, the duo still adds some variety. Thea" brings film noir to the dancefloor with shivery synths and a beat that begins with footsteps, and "Clay" ends this collection of heartache on a (relatively) idealistic note. Even with these slight detours, Tales of Us isn't as immediate as, say, Supernature. Regardless, it's Goldfrapp's most sophisticated work to date, and one of their most consistently satisfying albums.
Tales of Us is the sixth studio album by English electronic music duo Goldfrapp, released on 6 September 2013 by Mute Records. In June 2013, the duo embarked on the Tales of Us Tour to promote the album. Goldfrapp began recording their sixth studio album in April 2011, recording in the English countryside, then mixing in London.
Goldfrapp – Tales Of Us. (Mute) UK release date: 9 September 2013. The duo’s latest record, Tales of Us, is their first since their label Mute regained its independence, and it is at least the equal of Felt Mountain, adding an especially fine group of memorable songs to their collection. It is an album that can be dipped into at will, but its haunting melodies and breathy vocals are better listened to as a cohesive whole – a likely reason why there are to be no official singles released from it. While The Singles showed how diverse Goldfrapp have been over the course of their career, each of their albums has its own aesthetic.
Duo Goldfrapp have announced on June 10 that their sixth album 'Tales of Us' will be released on September the 9th through good record stores.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Double Bass – Charlie Jones
Bass Guitar – Alex Lee
Acoustic Guitar – Alex Lee , Steve EvansDrums – John Parish, Martyn Barker
Cello – Ian BurdgeGuitar – John ParricelliViola – John MetcalfeViolin – Louisa Fuller
Bass Guitar – Charlie JonesElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Nashville Guitar] – Alex Lee Guitar [Indian Guitar], Drums – Martyn Barker
Effects [Horse Fx] – Paul Cowgill
Acoustic Guitar, Cavaquinho – Ross HughesDrums – John Parish
Acoustic Guitar – Steve EvansDouble Bass – Chris Laurence
Acoustic Guitar – Alex Lee , Steve EvansDrums – Martyn Barker
Acoustic Guitar – Alex Lee , Steve EvansDrums – Martyn Barker
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Artists Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Mute Artists Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Mixed At – Miloco Studios
- Mixed At – Toast
- Recorded At – Angel Studios
- Mastered At – Loud Mastering
- Designed At – Big Active
- Manufactured By – Optimal Media GmbH – AD21018
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Will Gregory
- Art Direction [Artwork Directed By] – Alison Goldfrapp, Mat Maitland
- Cello – Chris Allan* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Ian Burdge (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Nick Cooper (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Penny Driver (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Sophie Harris (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Double Bass [Basses] – Chris Laurence (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Richard Pryce (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Stacey Watton (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Eduardo de la Paz Canel* (tracks: 7), Greg Freeman (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 10)
- Graphics [Image Treatments] – Julie Rubio
- Instruments [All Other Instruments Played By] – Alison*, Will*
- Management – Fascination Management
- Mastered By – John Dent
- Mixed By – Craig Silvey
- Mixed By [Craig Silvey Assisted By] – Eduardo de la Paz Canel*
- Photography By – Annemerieke Van Drimmelen
- Photography By [Additional Photography] – Lenka Rayn H.
- Programmed By [Additional Programming] – Aidan Love (tracks: 7), Steve Evans (tracks: 3, 6, 7, 10)
- Recorded By [Strings] – Gary Thomas
- Score [String Scoring], Conductor [String Conducting] – Nick Ingman
- Viola – Andy Parker* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Bill Hawkes (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Bruce White (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Morgan Goff (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Nick Barr (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Peter Lale (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Violin – Ann Morfee (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Boguslaw Kosteki* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Dave Williams (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Debbie Widdup (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Emlyn Singleton (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Everton Nelson (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Ian Humphries (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Kathy Shave* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Mark Berrow (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Patrick Kiernan (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Richard George (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Rita Manning (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Rusty Pomeroy* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Steve Morris (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Tom Pigott-Smith (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Warren Zielinski (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Written-By, Producer – Alison*, Will*
Notes4-panel digisleeve (gatefold) with 12-page lyrics booklet.
All songs published by Warner Chappell Music Ltd
All tracks mixed at Miloco & Toast.
Strings recorded at Angel Studios.
Mastered at Loud Mastering.
Artwork directed at Big Active.
Only on CD: 5099961576124
℗ 2013 Mute Artists Limited. © 2013 Mute Artists Limited. Printed in the EU.
6 September 2013: Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland
9 September 2013: UK, France, Italy, etc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099961 576025
- Barcode (String): 5099961576025
- Rights Society: MCPS
- Label Code: LC27959
- Matrix / Runout: 6157602 AD21018-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L573
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 9751
|LOVECD275||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (CD, Album)||Love Da Records||LOVECD275||Hong Kong||2013|
|9573-2, 724596957318||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (LP, Album, 180 + CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||9573-2, 724596957318||USA & Canada||2013|
|ISTUMM356||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (10xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Mute||ISTUMM356||UK||2013|
|BXSTUMM356||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (Box, Dlx, Ltd, Num + CD, Album + CD + LP, Album, 1)||Mute||BXSTUMM356||UK & Europe||2013|
|STUMM356, 5099961576018||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (LP, Album)||Mute, Mute||STUMM356, 5099961576018||UK & Europe||2013|