Dusk Wilson-Weaver – dedications & dreams. Label: Phi Acoustics Music – D 32652. Lead Vocals – Dusk Wilson-Weaver. Mandolin – Michael Falk. Mixed By, Engineer – Christopher Donnelly (Sundisc). Mixed By, Producer – Chris Donnelly, Dusk Wilson-Weaver. Organ – Tom McMillan. Percussion – Bobby Contreras.
Dedications & Dreams" is poised to surpass the successes of Dusk's debut album. Whereas his debut CD includes 14 excellent guest musicians in an engaging mix of styles that spotlight Dusk's upbeat humor, his new disc features no fewer than 20 supporting musicians in an even broader range of styles and a colorful palette of moods. Dedications & Dreams" also contains a well-produced music video of his song "The Sunlight of Your Smile," and the album runs 12 minutes longer than its predecessor, offering one full hour of memorable entertainment. Instrumentation on the album is as creative as it is varied. Dusk and keyboardist Tom McMillan personally hauled Tom's Hammond B3 organ and Leslie cabinet into Sundisc Recording Studio in Flagstaff (the CD was recorded on twin Yamaha AW4416s in Arizona and Atlanta studios) for inclusion on five of the twelve songs.
Contrary Beliefs 2006. The Darksoul's Scream 2005.
Dusk album Dedications & Dreams. Listen to the songs from album Dedications & Dreams.
Album · 2003 · 12 Songs. Dusk's roots date back to the start of the 1990s, with Steve Crane (vocals/bass) and Steve Gross (guitar/keyboards) finding inspiration in doom/death pioneers like England's Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride, and New Yorkers Winter, among others.
An upbeat, eclectic parade of originals: Maverick Country, Drivin'Cajun, Rockabilly, Theatre Rock, Hilarious Novelty, Latina Groove, & Walking/Talking Blues, all with strong, clear vocals, insightful lyrics, wry humor, and fourteen fine guest artists. This disc has already received repeat airplay on three continents, has had three songs from it included on four separate compilation/tribute CDs, and was selected Featured Album of the Week for the highly regarded program "Sisyphus Tracks" out of Nashville, TN. The tune "Santa's Moving South" was lead song for the "Best of 2002" program of "Americana in Paris," and that song has been repeatedly played over the statewide network of Georgia Public Radio.
Songs: Dusk - When Winter Storms 03:31. Dusk - Coming Back to You 03:15. Dusk - The Sunlight of Your Smile 05:15. Dusk - Sleep with Her 04:54. Dusk - Tele(phony) 03:52.
Got it. + add. album. Every time I turn this on I instantly get welled up with an intense feeling of emptiness. Half Man, Half Synth.
|1||When Winter Storms||3:28|
|2||Quicksilver Daydreams of Maria||5:06|
|3||Coming Back to You||3:13|
|4||The Sunlight of Your Smile||5:12|
|5||Sleep With Her||4:51|
|8||Day Done Done||5:19|
|9||Good Biscuit, Bad Biscuit||3:36|
- Recorded At – Sundisc Recording Studio
- Recorded At – Hickory Audio Labs
- Mastered At – Rodney Mills Masterhouse
- Accordion – Rodger French
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Bass – Richard Neville
- Classical Guitar [Richard Howell Classical Guitar] – Craig Yarbrough
- Design, Graphics [Graphic Direction] – Leslie Hodges
- Drums – Boone Dale, Greg Funk, Ron James
- Electric Guitar [Custom Les Paul Electric Guitar], Pedal Steel Guitar – Jerry Korkki
- Electric Guitar, Guitar [High Strung Guitar], Acoustic Guitar, Bodhrán – Christopher Donnelly
- Engineer – Phil Ducoté
- Euphonium – Andy Ford
- Flute [Native American Flute], Shaker – Kelvin Mockingbird Bizahaloni
- Harmonica [Cross Harp Harmonica] – Sunset Bo Daddy
- Harmony Vocals – Carol Tepper, Jacqui Foreman
- Keyboards – Travis Mandrell
- Lead Vocals – Dusk Wilson-Weaver
- Mandolin [Summit A-100 Mandolin] – Michael Falk
- Mixed By, Engineer – Christopher Donnelly (Sundisc)*
- Mixed By, Producer – Chris Donnelly*, Dusk Wilson-Weaver
- Organ [1975 Hammond B3 with Leslie Cabinet] – Tom McMillan
- Percussion – Bobby Contreras
- Photography [pg. 14] – Dusk
- Photography By [front cover figures, pgs. 2, 7, 10, 11 & on-disc] – Silvan Erb-Summers
- Photography By [front cover, rear cover, and traycard scenes & pg. 8] – Michael Wood
- Photography By [pg. 12] – Robert Wilmott
- Saxophone [Keilworth Tenor Saxophone, Keilworth Soprano Saxophone], Clarinet – Nick Menasco
- Trumpet – Allen Menasco
- Violin – Chip Epsten
Hickory Audio Labs - Tracks 6, 9
Sundisc Recording Studio - Tracks 1-5, 7, 8, 10-12
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 83707 82942 5
- Barcode (String): 783707829425