Southern Lines Tracklist. 1. Abe Lincoln Lyrics. About Southern Lines. Southern Lines Q&A.
Produced by Eric Ambel, and with a track by Don Dixon/Mitch Easter, the Backsliders' recording comeback is strong. Singer/songwriter Chip Robinson, a trailer park denizen from Raleigh, NC, had an auspicious early-'90s debut before he got sidelined after his band went up in smoke. He bears a slight vocal resemblance and songwriting style to Steve Earle; the hard country roots are what drive the songs about small towns and lost love, and just like Earle, it's easy to take Robinson's bits of broken imagery and well-worn trails as gospel.
The Backsliders (2) – Southern Lines. Genre: Rock, Folk, World, & Country. Style: Alternative Rock. The Backsliders (2). Southern Lines (CD, Album).
Southern Lines, 1999. Southern Lines, 1999. Never Be Your Darling, 04:39. It Rained On Monday, 04:46. Cross Your Heart, 03:56. The Lonely One, 03:21. Forever Came Today, 04:06. Psychic Friend, 08:01.
By: The Backsliders (2) (1999, Rock).
Album by The Backsliders. Never Be Your Darling.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Producer – Don DixonRecorded By [Recorded With] – Mitch Easter
|2||Never Be Your Darling|
|3||Don't Ask Me Why|
|4||It Rained On Monday|
|8||Cross My Heart|
|9||The Lonely One|
|10||Forever Came Today|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mammoth Records
- Copyright (c) – Mammoth Records
- Copyright (c) – Ghost Shirt Music
- Copyright (c) – Leebaby Music
- Copyright (c) – Vibemeister Music
- Copyright (c) – Prince Of The Bronx
- Copyright (c) – Screen Gems
- Recorded At – Fidelitorium
- Mixed At – Reflection Sound Studios
- Mixed By – Don Dixon (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10), Eric Ambel (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11), Mark Williams (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10), Tim Hatfield (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11)
- Photography By – Michael Wilson
- Producer – Eric "Roscoe" Ambel* (tracks: 2 to 11)
NotesStreet Date: April 27, 1999
Catalog #: 354 980 188-2
Track 1: Recorded at Fidelitorium
Tracks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10: Mixed at Reflection
Tracks 1, 3 to 9, and 11: (c)1999 Ghost Shirt Music (ASCAP)
Tracks 2 to 4 and 9: (c)1999 Leebaby Music (ASCAP)
Tracks 5: (c)1999 Vibemeister Music (BMI)
Track 10: (c)1999 Vibemeister Music. Administered by Funzalo Music Ltd. / Prince of the Bronx Music/Screen Gems Administered by EMI Music (BMI)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: 171252-2XD1-9042-A ** MRPR1039-2 **
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L793
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2D4E
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|354 980 188-2||The Backsliders||Southern Lines (CD, Album, Enh)||Mammoth Records||354 980 188-2||US||1999|
|0118822MAM||The Backsliders||Southern Lines (CD, Album)||Mammoth Records||0118822MAM||Europe||1999|
|0118822MAM||The Backsliders||Southern Lines (CD, Album, Enh)||Mammoth Records||0118822MAM||Europe||1999|