Songs in album Merton Parkas - Face In The Crowd (1979). 1. Face In The Crowd.
Complete your The Merton Parkas collection.
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Released at: This album was released on the label Beggars Banquet (catalog number 14. 23). This album was released in 1979 year. Format of the release is. Vinyl, LP. Album. The album included the following session artists: Bass, Backing Vocals.
The Merton Parkas were a mod revival band, formed in the Merton area of South London in the mid-1970s, by Danny Talbot (vocals and guitar), his brother, Mick Talbot (keyboards), Neil Hurrell (bass) and Simon Smith (drums). The group was discovered playing in a pub in Clapham, South London, by Alan Anger, a punk journalist, and signed with the independent record label, Beggars Banquet. They originally called themselves "The Sneekers", and were one of a group of power pop bands that included The Pleasers. They also released one album, Face in the Crowd. Rick Buckler of The Jam played with the band at Ronnie Scotts, and Mick Talbot played on "Heatwave", a track on The Jam's 1979 album Setting Sons. The Merton Parkas also appeared at the Bridge House, Canning Town, but due to contractual disputes between record labels, did not feature on the 1979 album Mods Mayday.
7. When Will It Be. The Merton Parkas. 8. Give It to Me Now. 10. You Should Be So Lucky. 11. I Don't Want to Know You. 12. (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone. They signed with the independent record label, Beggars Banquet. They were discovered playing in a pub in Clapham, South London by Alan Anger,punk journalist. Their name at first was The Sneekers and they were a part of the Powerpop bands that included The Pleasers. Rick Buckler of The Jam played with the band at Ronnie Scotts and Mick Talbot appeared on an album by The Jam. He played on Heatwave. After the group disbanded in 1980, Mick Talbot went on to play with Dexys Midnight Runners, The Bureau, and The Style Council. Simon Smith went on to join psychedelic revival band, Mood Six.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Face In The Crowd||1:54|
|A4||Tears Of A Clown
Written-By – Crosby*, Robinson*, Wonder*
|B1||When Will It Be||2:45|
|B2||Give It To Me Now||2:26|
|B3||Band Of Gold||2:42|
|B4||You Should Be So Lucky||1:58|
|B5||I Don't Want To Know You||2:15|
Written-By – Boyce, Hart*
- Marketed By – Intercord Ton GmbH
- Licensed Through – Aves Records & Tapes
- Recorded At – Regents Park Studios
- Published By – Schmolzi & Slezak Musikverlage
- Published By – Jobete Music (UK) Ltd.
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music Ltd.
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Neil Hurrell
- Drums – Simon Smith
- Engineer, Mixed By – Rob Arenstein
- Engineer, Mixed By [Assisted By] – Alan Jakoby
- Photography By – Andrew Douglas
- Producer – BB , The Merton Parkas
- Vocals, Guitar, Harp – Danny Talbot
- Vocals, Piano – Mick Talbot
- Written-By – D. Talbot* (tracks: A1-A3, A5, A6, B1-B5), M.Talbot* (tracks: A3, A5, A6, B3-B5)
NotesA1-A3, A5, A6, B1-B5 published by Schmolzi & Slezak Musikverlage
A4 published by Jobete Music (UK) Ltd.
B6 published by Screen Gems-EMI Music Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code: LC5485
- Rights Society: GEMA
|BEGA 11||The Merton Parkas||Face In The Crowd (LP, Album)||Beggars Banquet||BEGA 11||UK||1979|
|P-10798J||The Merton Parkas||Face In The Crowd (LP, Album)||WEA||P-10798J||Japan||1979|
|BBL 11||The Merton Parkas||Face In The Crowd (LP, Album)||Beggars Banquet||BBL 11||UK||1988|
|BBL 11CD||The Merton Parkas||Face In The Crowd (CD, Album)||Beggars Banquet||BBL 11CD||UK||1988|
|660.056||The Merton Parkas||Face In The Crowd (LP, Album)||Beggars Banquet||660.056||Netherlands||1979|