Hallelujah Anyhow is Hiss Golden Messenger’s 8th (or 9th, if you count Vestapol as its own album) record. It is not explicitly a political album – it does not possess overt references to the current political climate – but it is nonetheless an album relevant to the present. When the Wall Comes Down represents the closest to overt politics MC Taylor comes, using a figurative wall to allude to literal walls, to the inutility of putting up or keeping up walls. In an interview (Uncut magazine) leading up Hallelujah Anyhow, MC Taylor asserts that he makes traditional music and.
Complete your Hiss Golden Messenger collection. I got a copy from Rough Trade NYC containing signed poster and 9 songs live cassette 9:30 Club, 4/20/2017. Reply Notify me Helpful.
On his seventh album under the Hiss Golden Messenger moniker, vocalist, songwriter, and idea man . Taylor's musical approach has continued to evolve.
Hiss Golden Messenger. Follow Hiss Golden Messenger and others on SoundCloud. Album release date: 22 September 2017. 1. Jenny of the Roses.
Hiss Golden Messenger’s bittersweet, new LP is full of fluttery soul-grooves, borrowing from various regional folk and blues traditions. It speaks to what it means to be a compassionate citizen today. That’s been the subject of nearly every Hiss Golden Messenger album, but it’s especially pronounced on Hallelujah Anyhow, a record of fluttery soul-grooves and complicated insights. The album title is perfect, the album cover not even close. Taylor has said it’s not a protest album. Instead, it might be called a persist album. It doesn’t speak truth to power, but reassures and invigorates those who feel powerless. That modest ambition supplies the music with a certain spark
by Hiss Golden Messenger - 10 Tracks - 36:12. Release date 09/22/2017. Hiss Golden Messenger. 2. Lost Out in the Darkness. 3. Jaw. 6. Gulfport You’ve Been on My Mind. 7. John the Gun. 8. Domino (Time Will Tell). 9. Caledonia, My Love. 10. When the Wall Comes Down. More Albums by Hiss Golden Messenger. View all. Virgo Fool.
Artist: Hiss Golden Messenger. Album: Hallelujah Anyhow. Previously on NewAlbumReleases. net: November 9, 2018 - Hiss Golden Messenger – Devotion Songs About Rivers & Spirits & Children (2018). November 2, 2018 - Hiss Golden Messenger – Virgo Fool (2018). September 28, 2016 - Hiss Golden Messenger – Heart Like A Levee (2016).
Hallelujah Anyhow Tracklist: 01. Jenny of the Roses 02. Lost Out in the Darkness 0. Hiss Golden Messenger 2017 Tour Dates: 07/26 – Portland, ME @ One Longfellow Square ^ 08/05-06 – Happy Valley, OR @ Pickathon 08/12-13 – Edmonton, AB @ Edmonton Folk Festival 08/26 – Arrington, VA @ Lockn’ Music Festival 09/14 – Nashville, TN @ Americanafest 09/15-17 – Bristol, VA @ Bristol Rhythm and Roots Reunion 09/19 – Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena 09/20 – Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena #.
|1||Jenny Of The Roses|
|2||Lost Out In The Darkness|
|5||I Am The Song|
|6||Gulfport You've Been On My Mind|
|7||John The Gun|
|8||Domino (Time Will Tell)|
|9||Caledonia, My Love|
|10||When The Wall Comes Down|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Merge Records
- Copyright (c) – Merge Records
- Copyright (c) – M.C. Taylor
- Copyright (c) – Prophecy Connection
- Mastered At – The Kitchen
- Acoustic Guitar, Vocals, Written-By, Producer – M.C. Taylor
- Artwork [Cover Artwork] – Sam Smith
- Bass Guitar, Producer, Mixed By – Brad Cook
- Drums, Percussion – Darren Jessee
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin – Josh Kaufman
- Engineer – Scott Hirsch
- Engineer, Mixed By, Mastered By – Chris Boerner
- Harmony Vocals – Alexandra Sauser-Monnig, John Paul White, Mac McCaughan, Skylar Gudasz, Tamisha Waden, Tift Merritt
- Layout – Daniel Murphy
- Photography By [Cover Photograph By] – Andy Tennille
- Photography By [Interior Photographs By] – Matt McCaughan
- Piano [Acoustic Piano], Electric Piano, Slide Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals – Phil Cook
- Saxophone – Michael Lewis
- Trombone – Evan Ringel
NotesGatefold digisleeve with insert.
Mastered at Kitchen Mastering, Carrboro, NC.
Copyright 2017 M.C. Taylor/Prophecy Connection, BMI.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 73855 06052 1
- Barcode (Scanned): 0673855060521
- Label Code: LC 29279
- Matrix / Runout: 7G MRG 605-2 TEXT AG01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LT40
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2UP2
- Rights Society: BMI
|MRG605||Hiss Golden Messenger||Hallelujah Anyhow (LP, Album)||Merge Records||MRG605||US||2017|
|MRG605||Hiss Golden Messenger||Hallelujah Anyhow (CDr, Album, Promo)||Merge Records||MRG605||US||2017|