Heathen (stylised as uǝɥʇɐǝɥ) is the 22nd studio album by English musician David Bowie, released on 11 June 2002. It was considered a comeback for him in the US market by becoming his highest charting album (number 14) since Tonight (1984). The BBC said the album's title track "shows that Bowie could still pen disarmingly direct, affecting pop of a very individual inclination 30-plus years after he started".
Heathen (Cass, Album). Columbia, ISO Records. David Bowie - Slow Burn (unreleased official full video) 4:09. dxdt, willbfree, Bluroo, vanam2ger, sonofthesilentage, armidge, cristianocarla.
Complete your David Bowie collection. Heathen (CD, Album, Enh, Promo + CD, EP + Dig). 508222 0, COL 508222 0, 5082220000.
Released June 11, 2002. The album was released before the 9/11, but people said that this was influenced by the terrorist attack. Bowie talked about that in an interview with Paul Du Noyer, when the interviewer asked about the 9/11 thing: No. That’s an easy one to gloss over because I’d wrapped up the lyrical content in July and August. It’s been pointed out to me before that it sounds like a post-September 11 overview, but I think that could be said about a dozen albums around that period. It’s all about context.
Heathen – двадцатый второй студийный альбом английского музыканта и певца Дэвида Боуи, выпущенный в 2002 году. Этот альбом стал для Боуи возвращением в музыкальное пространство США. Альбом занял 14 место в чартах и получил лучшие отзывы со времён выхода альбомов Tonight (1984) и Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) (1980). Everyone Says 'Hi' - 3:59. A Better Future - 4:11. Heathen (The Rays) - 4:16. Wood Jackson (бонус-трек на японском издании альбома). Бонус-диск ограниченного издания. Тексты песен альбома Heathen.
Heathen marks a new beginning for David Bowie in some ways - it's his first record since leaving Virgin, his first for Columbia Records, his first for his new label, ISO - yet it's hardly a new musical direction. Like Hours, this finds Bowie sifting through the sounds of his past, completely at ease with his legacy, crafting a colorful, satisfying album that feels like a classic Bowie album
Heathen is the twenty-second studio album by David Bowie. Worldwide, it sold over two million copies and experienced a four-month run on the UK charts.
David Bowie - Heathen (2002). Heathen (2002) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Heathen (2002).
David Bowie: Heathen. We took the theme of Heathen as someone who goes against the popular pre-concieved or ‘sacred’ notions, as Bowie has been for the majority of his career. This sacred could be values that people believe in, or new creativity which rides roughshod over what is regarded as ‘proper art’. The desecration of the old with a bold statement of the new is a constant in all areas of creativity. The design represents this by using the destruction of religious art as a symbol of this renewal or spitting on the past
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Black Francis
Guitar – Pete Townshend
|6||I've Been Waiting For You
Guitar – Dave GrohlWritten-By – Neil Young
|7||I Would Be Your Slave||5:13|
|8||I Took A Trip On A Gemini Spaceship
Written-By – Legendary Stardust Cowboy*
|9||5:15 The Angels Have Gone||5:00|
|10||Everyone Says 'Hi'
Bass – John ReadCello [Electric] – Philip SheppardKeyboards – Dave ClaytonOther [Assistant] – Jez LarderPercussion – Solá Ákingbolá*Programmed By, Guitar – Gary Miller
|11||A Better Future||4:11|
|12||Heathen (The Rays)||4:16|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ISO Records
- Copyright (c) – ISO Records
- Licensed To – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Manufactured By – Sony Music Entertainment (Australia) Limited
- Pressed By – SMEA – 0147490
- Published By – Warner/Chappell Music
- Published By – Universal/MCA Music Publishing Pty Limited
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Pty. Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Australia Pty. Limited
- Produced At – Brian Rawling Productions
- Recorded At – Allaire Studios
- Recorded At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Mixed At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Mixed At – Sub Urban Studios
- Mastered At – The Lodge, New York
- Glass Mastered At – SMEA
- Designed At – Barnbrook Design
- Designed At – Getty Images
- Art Direction, Design – Barnbrook Design*
- Artwork [Post Production] – Indrani
- Bass – Tony Levin
- Bass, Guitar, Recorder, Arranged By [Strings], Backing Vocals – Tony Visconti
- Cello – Mary Wooten
- Drums, Percussion – Sterling Campbell
- Drums, Programmed By [Loop Programming], Percussion – Matt Chamberlain
- Engineer – Mark Plati (tracks: 5), Tony Visconti (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 12)
- Engineer [2nd, At Allaire Studios] – Brandon Mason, Todd Vos
- Engineer [2nd, At Looking Glass Studios] – Christian Rutledge, Hector Castillo
- Engineer [Assistant] – Hector Castillo (tracks: 5)
- Engineer [Mastering] – Emily Lazar
- Guitar – Carlos Alomar, Gerry Leonard
- Guitar, Bass – Mark Plati
- Guitar, Loops [Guitar Loops], Omnichord – David Torn
- Horns – The Borneo Horns
- Horns [The Borneo Horns] – Lenny Pickett, Stan Harrison, Steve Elson
- Keyboards – Jordan Ruddess*
- Keyboards, Guitar, Saxophone [Sax], Synthesizer [Stylophone], Backing Vocals, Drums – David Bowie
- Mixed By – Gary Miller (tracks: 10), Tony Visconti (tracks: 1 to 9, 11, 12)
- Photography By – Markus Klinko
- Producer – Brian Rawling (tracks: 10), David Bowie (tracks: 1 to 9, 11, 12), Gary Miller (tracks: 10), Mark Plati (tracks: 5), Tony Visconti (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11, 12)
- Producer [Vocals And Guitars], Recorded By [Vocals And Guitars] – Tony Visconti
- Strings – The Scorchio Quartet
- Viola – Martha Mooke
- Violin – Lisa Germano
- Violin [1st] – Greg Kitzis*
- Violin [2nd] – Meg Okura
- Vocals – David Bowie
- Vocals, Piano – Kristeen Young
- Written-By – David Bowie (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 7, 9 to 12)
NotesDave Grohl appears courtesy of Roswell Records, Inc/The RCA Records label. Pete Townshend appears courtesy of Eel Pie Recording Productions Ltd.
Recorded at Allaire Studios, Shokan, NY. and Looking Glass Studios, New York, NY. Track 10 produced for Brian Rawling Productions and mixed at Sub-Urban Studios, London. Guitars and vocals produced and recorded at Looking Glass Studios, New York, NY. Mastered at The Lodge, New York, NY.
Paintings © Photodisc / Getty Images.
Lyrics (tracks 1, 3, 9, 12) © 2002 Nipple Music (BMI) admin. by RZO Music, Inc. Lyrics reprinted by permission. All rights reserved. International copyright secured. Lyrics (track 2) © 1988 Rice And Beans Music (BMI). All rights reserved. Used by permission. Lyrics (track 6) © 1968 Broken Arrow Music Corp. (ASCAP). All rights reserved. Used by permission. Tracks 4, 5, 7, 10, 11 published by Nipple Music (BMI) admin. by RZO Music, Inc. Track 8 published by EMI Unart Catalog, Inc/Finius Myth Music (BMI).
© 2002 ISO Records under license to Sony Music Entertainment Inc. / ℗ 2002 ISO Records under license to Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Manufactured in Australia by Sony Music Entertainment (Australia) Limited.
Issued in a standard jewel case with twelve page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 9 399700 101102
- Barcode (Scanned): 9399700101102
- Matrix / Runout: 0147490 01 SMEA
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L681
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6519
|CK 86630||David Bowie||Heathen (CD, Album, Enh)||Columbia, ISO Records||CK 86630||US||2002|
|508222 4||David Bowie||Heathen (Cass, Album)||ISO Records, Columbia||508222 4||Russia||2002|
|CDIM 508222||David Bowie||Heathen (CD, Album, Enh)||Columbia, ISO Records||CDIM 508222||Mexico||2002|
|CT86630||David Bowie||Heathen (Cass, Album)||Columbia, ISO Records||CT86630||US||2002|
|2-508222||David Bowie||Heathen (CD, Album, Enh)||ISO Records, Columbia||2-508222||Brazil||2002|