Delegation was a British soul musical group with a lengthy career, and an amount of international success. They are generally viewed in the United States as a one-hit wonder, based on the crossover hit, "Oh Honey" (1978). Their biggest success in the United Kingdom came in 1977, with the Top 30 hit single, "Where Is the Love (We Used to Know)". Delegation was formed in the United Kingdom in 1975, by Ricky Bailey, Len Coley and Roddy Harris
Delegation – 7 Albums (1977-2002). com Tracklist: 1977 – The Promise Of Love (320kbps). 1. The Promise Of Love (3:35) 2. You’ve Been Doing Me Wrong (3:47) 3. Mr. Heartbreak (4:23) 4. Let Me Take You To The Sun (4:05) 5. Back Door Love (2:50) 6. Where Is The Love (We Used To Know) (4:01) 7. Soul Trippin’ (4:01) 8. Oh Honey (4:07) 9. Someone Oughta Write A. Song (About You Baby) (5:42) 10. Love Is Like A Flower (3:19).
Delegation’s Eau De Vie, released in 1979, was their second studio album. From beginning to end, the album is a delightful listen, perfectly blending R&B, Disco and Funk. Group founder and lead singer Rick Bailey is in top form here and his voice works in every setting. Remember that the year was 1979 and Disco was still the sound that dominated the air waves.
Discover all Delegation's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and download. Soup for One by Chic (1982). I Wantcha' Back by Delegation (1981). Heartache No. 9 (1979). 9 (Album Version) (1979). was sampled in. Start the Fire by Alcazar (2004).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Feels So Good (Loving You So Bad)||3:57|
|A2||Dance, Prance, Boogie||4:19|
|A3||In Love's Time||4:00|
Percussion, Tambourine – Kofi Ayivor
|B1||In The Night||3:36|
|B2||Turn On To City Life||3:40|
|B3||Free To Be Me||4:53|
|B4||I Wantcha Back||3:11|
|B5||Gonna Keep My Eyes On You||3:15|
- Arranged By [Strings, Horns], Conductor [Strings, Horns] – Lynton Naiff (tracks: A1 to A4, B1 to B5)
- Bass – Jon Plotel*
- Bass Drum, Congas – Kofi Ayivor
- Conductor [Strings] – Gavyn Wright
- Drums – Nigel Martinez
- Electronic Drums – Trevor Spencer
- Engineer – John Gallen
- Engineer [Assistant] – David Kemp
- Guitar – Robert J. Ahwai*
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Lynton Naiff
- Mastered By – John Golden
- Producer, Percussion, Tambourine – Ken Gold
- Saxophone [Tenor, Alto, Baritone] – Andy Mackintosh*, Ray Warleigh, Stan Sulzmann
- Trombone – Chris Payne*, Cliff Hardie, Malcolm Griffiths, Pete Smith
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Derek Watkins, Martin Drover
- Written-By – Bruce Dunbar (tracks: A2), Ken Gold (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B1, B2, B4), Lynton Naiff (tracks: B2), Mickey Denne* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B1, B2, B4), Ray Patterson (tracks: A2, B5), Ricky Bailey (tracks: A2, B5), Tony Mansfield (tracks: A5)
NotesProduced for Kego Productions Limited
Recorded and Mixed at Roundhouse Studios, London.
String and Horns recorded at Vineyard Studios, London.
Mastered at Kendum Recorders, Burbank, California.
©℗ 1981 PolyGram Records, Inc. Manufactured and marketed by PolyGram Records, Inc. Printed in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: SRM-1-4004 AS - PW
- Matrix / Runout: SRM-1-4004 BS - PW
|ARL 5062||Delegation||Delegation (LP, Album)||Ariola||ARL 5062||UK||1981|
|I-203236||Delegation||Delegation (LP, Album)||Ariola||I-203236||Spain||1981|
|FINCD-1035||Delegation||Delegation II (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Finesse Records||FINCD-1035||UK||2008|
|SRM-1-4004, 6337 158||Delegation||Delegation II (LP, Album)||Mercury, Mercury||SRM-1-4004, 6337 158||Canada||1981|
|203 236||Delegation||Delegation (LP, Album)||Ariola||203 236||Benelux||1981|